There are two elixirs I suggest you try during your mini-cleanses and/or detoxes. My personal opinion is that we should always ingest a variety of foods, so I do not drink these every single day. However I use them short-term (for days or a week at a time) to complement and support my mini-cleanses and detoxes. You should always do your own research and listen to your own body, and if you are under the care of a physician or other health practitioner, always seek their advice before starting something new. Do what is right for you!
There are many potential benefits to consuming these elixirs. Do some research online, it is easy to find! There is also more research being done every day which is exciting.
For the Morning Lemon Elixir, I suggest using the raw apple cider vinegar, as it contains many beneficial enzymes.
Morning Lemon Elixir
1 cup warm or room temperature water
Juice from 1 lemon (organic)
1 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon raw local honey (OR a couple drops of stevia – use stevia if you are on a yeast-cleansing or low-sugar diet)
Combine all ingredients in a glass, stir, and drink first thing in the morning.
Midday Cranberry Flush Elixir
2 tablespoons organic cranberry concentrate
6 ounces of room temperature water
(Feel free to add stevia or 1 teaspoon raw honey to the water for a sweet treat)
Combine all ingredients in a glass, stir, and drink.
Benefits of elixir ingredients:
Raw honey benefits may include:
- It’s loaded with vitamins, minerals, & enzymes.
- Soothes indigestion (relieves acidity in the stomach).
- Anti-microbial and anti-fungal
Apple Cider Vinegar benefits may include:
- It is a natural remedy for heartburn.
- Can help clear up skin conditions and acne (probably by supporting healthy digestion although some people do find it helpful to use topically)
- Promotes healthy digestion and will keep your bowel movements regular
- It is rich in enzymes, amino acids, and antioxidants
- Can kill bacterial and/or prevent their multiplication before they reach harmful levels
- Can help regulate and even lower blood sugar (scientific study results show very helpful implications for people with blood sugar or diabetic issues)
- Can support healthy weight and potentially even help you reduce weight
- Can help to lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Can help ease menstrual cramps
Lemon benefits may include:
- Helps make the body more alkaline (increases pH)
- provides lots of Vitamin C
- blood purifier
- Cleansing agent & tonic for you liver by helping it produce more bile.
Cranberry benefits may include:
- High in antioxidants
- May reduce occurence of urinary tract infections (but it will not treat an existing one – it may help but you will likely need other therapies, most often antibiotics are prescribed)
- May prevent bacteria from adhering to teeth, slowing or reducing the incidence of cavities
- Subjects fed cranberry juice powder for six months experienced improvements in blood vessel function, reducing the risk for both high cholesterol and heart disease.
Again I suggest you ALWAYS do your own research, ask other qualified professionals, and know your own body before you introduce something new. Go slow and see how your body responds. If you experience any adverse symptoms, feelings, or other effects, stop and consult a health practitioner.
Disclaimer: *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.